Advanced Rider Course
CLASS FEE: $149.00
CLASS TIMES: 8:00am – 5:00pm*
*ending time is approximate
The Advanced Rider Course (ARC) is an 8-hour course¬†for riders of all types of 2-wheeled motorcycles. You ride your own motorcycle in this course. It includes approximately 3 hours of classroom time that focuses on advanced street riding skills, improving your perception of hazards and hazardous situations, and allows you to self-evaluate your level of risk taking. The class then moves to the training range where you will gain experience under the supervision of our certified instructors in advanced motorcycle handling techniques like:
- Threshold braking
- Brake and evade
- Cornering adjustment (swerving and braking while cornering)
- Decreasing radius curves
- Multiple curves
- Traffic mix and gap management
NOTE: This course will NOT grant a license endorsement testing waiver with the DoL. Passengers are not allowed on students motorcycles during this class.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ:
1. You must already have a “3″ or a “7″ endorsement on your Washington State driver’s license to take this class.
2. Minimum liability insurance is required on your motorcycle for you to participate in this class. Make sure to bring your insurance card to the class and that it specifically has your name on it. The instructor will ask to see it before the riding portion of the class.
3. Your bike must pass a safety inspection, to include:
- Tires and wheels (condition, tread, pressure)
- Controls (condition, operation/position, routing)
- Lights (lens and reflector condition, illumination/mirrors)
- Oil level
- Chassis (forks, swing arms, shocks, chain/belt/differentual)
4. The ARC assumes that you already have the basic motorcycle control skills. The first exercise is a warm-up for you and your bike, and it is also used to assure the instructors that you have the necessary basic skills to safely participate in the follow-on exercises. Students who are unable to demonstrate sufficient skills in the first exercise will not be allowed to continue in the course and will be advised to consider taking an Intermediate Rider Course. No refunds will be provided if you cannot demonstrate basic control skills.